Friday, July 8, 2011

I have a confession...

I am a weather geek.

I am.  I love weather.  I love watching storms form.  I love how changeable weather can be.  I love clouds and cloud formations.  I could have been a meteorologist, but totally suck at math.  I was a NWS certified Skywarn spotter (CT-165) for three years.  Sadly, not one severe outbreak! :o(  I'd love to go tornado chasing...but only as a vacation.  You couldn't pay me to live in tornado alley!

Thunderstorms are fascinating...but scare the crap out of me at night.  I'm not sure if it's because I can't see the sky color (once you see a greenish-purple pre-tornado sky, you're scarred for life) or that thunder is loud and scary!  I know, I hear all of you going "But thunder can't hurt you silly!", but at two in the morning, there is no rational thought!

And I totally dig meteorologists...seriously.  I have had a crush on Jim Cantore since he started at the Weather Channel in 1986.


He is the definative hunk...brains, adorrrrrrable and funny as hell (thundersnow anyone?).  I like another weather guy too and was crushed when the asshats at his last station dumped him after twenty-six years.  It was the first time I actually sobbed about a TV personality.  I actually have his final quote ("You can go to sleep now.") on my FB page.  Happily, he found a new home locally.  I've never met him in person, but would love to shake his hand once and thank him.  :o)

The thunder is still rumbling outside.  It probably will all night. I'll be keeping an eye on the radar too...just so I can sleep later!

No comments:

Post a Comment