Thursday, July 7, 2011

A little something about nothing

NOTHING[nuhth-ing]
–noun
1. no thing; not anything; naught: to say nothing.
2. no part, share, or trace (usually followed by of ): The house showed nothing of its former magnificence.
3. something that is nonexistent.
 
I wanted to write a blog entry and I'm thinking, I've got nothing to write about.  I have nothing to say!  Me?  With nothing to say? Noooo.
 
Then I got to thinking about, well, nothing.  Nothing.  They did a show about it.  We feel guilty about it ("Today was my day off.  I got nothing done. Arrgh.").  It's kind of a sad word ("My heart is broken.  He feels nothing for me anymore.").  I think we should change that.  Let's make "nothing" a positive word!
 
If it hasn't been done yet, let's have a a national "nothing" day.  Make it a Wednesday.  Take the day off.  If you have to work?  Do nothing when you get home.  Seriously.  Screw the housework.  Dishes and laundry will be there in the morning.  Order takeout.  Let the blender be the only appliance that gets used.  Sit outside and do absolutely nothing.
 
That's my order of the day...a guilt-free "nothing" day!  Just stop...for a moment!
 
Now go!  Nothing awaits you! ☺
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I've had plenty of nothing days. Sometimes I feel guilty. Sometimes I simply bask in the glow of nothing. No worrying about nothing. Nothing is the state of the completely laid-back.
    Why DO people fear nothing?

    John (not anonymous- just haven't figured out how to have an ID on here...)

    ReplyDelete