Monday, June 20, 2011

Friendship

I've wanted to do this for awhile.  I keep a journal...but it's for my own thoughts.  This is stuff in my life I want to share with the world.

The last few days have made me ponder what a true friend is. 

I have long time friends that would drop anything and help me out.  They have, and I have done the same in return.  They are my "family", even though they come from different parents.

There are cyber friends...the ones you meet through the internet.  Your Facebook buddies, your "Tweeps", your journal readers.  Maybe you'll meet up...and realize, hey, we make better friends online then we do in real life.  Maybe you'll never meet them because they're in a different country, a different continent even...but they are still your friends...sometimes more so then "real" life people.

I guess my point (really, I do have one!) is simply this...embrace the friends you do have, let the toxic ones go.  There are some people who will be there no matter what...whatever the situation or circumstance.  There are others who...well, make their mark and pass through.

Til later...

2 comments:

  1. I've thought many of these same thoughts & would embrace any opportunity to meet up with my online friends face-to-face. Of course, money, work, & circumstances have to work out for everyone. It's amazing to me how some of my online friends offer me the best support for things that people in my day to day life can't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been one to have many friends but have always felt blessed to have GOOD friends. And always seemed to have the friend that I needed to get through that particular time in my life. I didn't realize this until I was older and looked back in time. My neighborhood friends that I grew up with who didn't make fun of me cause I was poor and wore hand me downs. One of these girls stayed with me all the way into high school.Or the 5'8 beauty I was friends with in Jr. high. I am 5' and very average looking. Or when I got married the one who knew that when I said I didn't have 2 nickels to rub together that I meant it. She understood cause she was in the same boat and we helped each other. This pattern has continued throughout my life and made me realize that my friends are a gift from God. How else can you explain it? OH and I have met a cyber friend who is also a Smoke fan and love her!! We have gone to a race together and to see Tony twice and talked like we had known each other all our lives. I could go on and on but I am supposed to be leaving a "comment"! But this is what your blog did for me. Thank You Claudia! Kate

    ReplyDelete