Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Work it baby...

Just got back from the gym.  Talk about a love/hate relationship!

I've been going for almost a year.  My husband and I go together.  It's a lot easier to go with a partner.  It also keeps you honest!  When you get on the treadmill for thirty minutes with someone next to you, you move your ass.  Also, if I see him hauling, the competitive side in me kicks in.  Like hell he's going to burn more calories then I do!

In retrospect, I wish I had this much interest in my body back in my twenties or thirties.  It took hitting my forties, some health issues and the purchase of a full length mirror to make me realize that I wasn't the chick I used to be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with myself.  I'm 44...I've had two kids and gravitational pull is against me.  Things are going to droop.  I have stretch marks.  I look at it this way...it's all because of my kids.  It's all their fault!! 

Seriously though?  This year there has been a ton of changes in my body.  I'm starting menopause. I can't drop weight to save my life.  My eyes are getting crepey.  My skin is changing.  I'm...getting...a...fucking...turkey...gaggle!!  Ugh!

When the hell did I become my mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment